Does not return the email, any idea?

May 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Hello!

You Google connect works perfect!

I tried your FB one, it returns ID, Fist Name and last name, but email is empty...

Any idea ?

Thanks and regards,

Walter

May 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

It seems the problem was the missing scope argument. The email is not a basic information, we have to add  url += "&scope=email"; in LoginWithFacebook.aspx.

Another thing I found, but without any importance, in webconfig, you put <add key="Facbook_ReturnURL" value instead probably of <add key="FacEbook_ReturnURL" value.

Last I tried to use &display=popup in order to have a popup instead of a page, but it always use a blank new page...

Thanks for your code!

Walter

Coordinator
May 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Hi Walter

in my project i have included one PDF file, in which i have included in screen shot of How to publish scope into facebook. Facebook will not pass any information except scope seting up

2) some user keep email address as private, in their FB account  in that case you will not have email address!!!!!!!

3) if you implemnet Linked in login they have same issue, they are not passing email address!!!

May 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Hi prabhumehul,

Thanks for your answer!

I change the code to this and it works perfect.

function OpenFaceBookLoginPopup() {
            var url = "https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?";            url += "client_id=<%=Facebook_ClientID %>";            url += "&redirect_uri=<%=Facbook_ReturnURL %>/LoginWithFacebook1.aspx&response_type=token";            url += "&scope=email";            url += "&display=popup";            window.location = url;               }

Do you plan to release:

- source code for both facebook and google dll?

- NEW source code for Windows Live and Yahoo, it would be definitively great ;-)

Thanks and a great day,

Walter

Coordinator
May 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Yes

I am planning to upload source code for Login with yahoo, Windows Live, Linked in and twitter.

May 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

That's great!

Thank you prabhumehul!